academie: Walters Practice Schedule

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 09:05:21 PDT 2001

All:

Judith, Katherine and I assisted Simon with last Friday's Bright Hills
practice.  Altogether, there were just under a dozen folks dancing.  There
was the usual mix of experienced with non-experienced, but all in all,
things look very good, and with a few more practices, there's every reason
to believe that the demo will go just fine.

In 2 hours, we danced a pretty wide assortment of stuff.  From memory, I
recall dancing the following:

ECD: Rufty Tufty, Heart's Ease, Sellenger's Round, Picking of Sticks
IOC: Black Almain
Italian:  Anello, Amoroso
Bransles:  Horse's
Other:  Earl of Salisbury

There were more, but that gives a pretty rough idea of the level of dances
accomplished.

Here's the current practice schedule.  Please note, I can *NOT* make this
Friday's practice as currently planned, so if someone else is able to step
up to fill in, it would be greatly appreciated:

#1: 9/14  Stefan & Katherine
#2: 9/21  Judith, Katherine & Vard
#3: 9/28  --?--
#4: 10/5  --?--
#5: 10/12 Katherine
#6: 10/19 Vard & Katherine

Simon, I don't know how deep your tape/CD collection is, but I loaned Talbot
my cassette library in case it may be of use.  Most of the folks like
Stefan, Kathering, etc have their own sets of CDs, but if none of us can
make a particular practice, do you have enough material to get by?

-V

-----
Lord Edvard Gayer, Secretary
L'Academie Atlantienne de la Danse