academie: Dance list

Raymond F talbotgollum at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 18:23:47 PDT 2001

Here is the list of dances that was developed this
past Friday; asterisk indicates ones practiced last
Friday:

Italian:
Anello*
Amoroso
Gelosia*
Rostiboli

English Country:
Picking Up Sticks*
Hearts Ease
Rufty Tufty
Jenny Pluck Pears
Gathering Peascods
Black Nag
Upon a Summers Day

Inns of Court:
Black Alman*
Lorraine Alman
Earl of Salibury Pavane

Bransles:
Charlotte
Washerwoman's
Pease
Official*

Dances for Teaching:
Petit Vriens
Maltese Bransles
Sellenger's Round
Horse Bransles
Montarde Bransles

Fancy Dances:
Parson's Farewell

This list is not set in stone; suggestions are
welcome.

I hope to see all of you there this coming Friday.  I
would like to start at 8 p.m. if possible.  If anyone
needs directions to Glyndon, let me know...I will send
them to you.

It was suggested that we should have an extra practice
with the live band to get into sync; I am looking into
finding a site for that down my way.  We may only have
the band for one day, so other arrangements would have
to be made for the second day.  It was also suggested
that we should extend our demo to include more
teaching of the public, and do dancing perhaps 1/2
hour each hour.  Let me know what you think.

In service, Talbot