academie: Suggested new positions

Ms. Catherine E. Dean deanc at grinnell.edu
Sun Sep 9 08:41:03 PDT 2001

>The Organizer of Free Stuff
>
>  Currently I'm donating a free set of 9 cheap CDs to every
>  dance practice in Atlantia. I'd like to extend this to
>  include a copy of Joy and Jealousy, a secondary source about
>  15th century Italian balli, and a copy of my cheat sheets.
>  This person (who gets to rename their office) would be in
>  charge of making sure that the right people get the right
>  stuff, now and in the future.

I had a thought regarding this.  Perhaps this is presumptuous of me as a new
member, but might it not make some sense to make this person into something
like
a chatelaine--someone who could act as a liaison between people interested in
starting new dance practices in their area and the rest of the list, hooking
them up with nearby folk and make sure that starting dance practices have
access
to the necessary materials (both the free cds and books as well as perhaps a
set
of links to useful webmaterial (ie. mara's article for dance
mistresses/masters,
etc.) and helf finding other resources).

Just an idea.  Thoughts?
Katherine

Cathy Dean
SCA: Lady Katherine Mercer, Seneschal of the College of NoMountain
deanc at grinnell.edu
http://home.earthlink.net/~lfdean
No one who had met Catherine would have supposed her to have been born a heroine --JA