academie: guest teachers and dance symposium

Ms. Catherine E. Dean deanc at grinnell.edu
Fri Sep 7 09:43:57 PDT 2001

>>> Katherine Mercer taught some dance at last night's Isenfir practice.
>
>And it was good.  She will be back in Isenfir, assuming all goes as planned,
on
>October 3rd, and I'd like to encourage any of you all out there who have an
>interest in 16th C. Italian dance to come down, as she'll be teaching a
couple
>more.  If you don't know her, she hails recently from Cynnabar, well known
for
>it's love of 16th C. Italian dances, and she's equipped and a great teacher.
If
>you are interested in coming down to our practice, information, directions,
etc,
>are available at www.isenfir.org/dance
>
>Come on down!  Be a part of the best dance practice in Atlantia! :)

Well, goodness, now that the academie knows that I'm hoping to make it down I
don't really have much choice in the matter, do I? ;)

Thank you for the compliment, Bryan!  And thank you to all the members of the
Isenfir dance practice for making me feel more than welcome and greatly
appreciated.  Something that unfortunately doesn't happen enough in the SCA.

For the record, guest teaching was a great experience and I recommend it
highly
unto all academie members.  It's such a rare pleasure to work with a group who
a) know each other and b) aren't sick to death of your teaching style. And
it's
a great way to meet other dancers who maybe don't get to travel around much.

Speaking of teaching, when is the next proposed dance symposium (I recall it
being discussed a while back, but since I was mid-move, I didn't write it
down)
and when/where/who do I need to submit class proposals to?

Cathy Dean
SCA: Lady Katherine Mercer, Seneschal of the College of NoMountain
deanc at grinnell.edu
http://home.earthlink.net/~lfdean
No one who had met Catherine would have supposed her to have been born a heroine --JA