academie: Academie Turns Fifty!

Erika Kreider jedierika at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 07:03:30 PDT 2001

 I was actually going to post a question to the list where dance classes were held in the DC area.  I'm currently living in Lochmere but will be moving into Storvik very soon.  I work in downtown DC and would love to be able to go to a class after work.
Erika Kreider
Allasan inghean Fhaolain
  "Ms. Catherine E. Dean" <deanc at grinnell.edu> wrote: >For those keeping score, Isenfir still leads with 10 members, but
>Windmaster's Hill is closing the gap with 7. Also, news is that Ponte Alto
>may soon be getting its' first Academie member! Yaay! :)

the
mysterious potential Academie member living in Ponte Alto (specifically,
Arlington), although I have a feeling I may play more with Storvik since I'll
be attending GWU and hopefully working downtown. We'll see...

My name is Lady Katherine Mercer, and I've moved to the area from the
College of NoMountain in Calontir (where I served as seneschal and
dance mistress for the past two years) via a brief stint in the Barony of
Cynnabar, Midrealm.

Currently my main interest 16th century Italian dances (this is the
Cynnabar influence showing itself), but I really also enjoy dancing and
teaching 15th c. Italian, ECD (there's the Calontiri in me), etc. and I'm
hoping to get a chance to learn more Burgundian Basse and Branles
while I'm in Atlantia.

Outside the SCA, I'm a Museum Studies Graduate Student at the George
Washington University in DC, and if anyone things that there would be
interest, I've been toying with the idea of trying to get space here for a
central DC dance practice (any thoughts? advice?).

I look forward to meeting you all soon,
Katherine

Cathy Dean
SCA: Lady Katherine Mercer, Seneschal of the College of NoMountain
deanc at grinnell.edu
http://home.earthlink.net/~lfdean
No one who had met Catherine would have supposed her to have been born a heroine --JA