academie: Feast of 30

KilrRabbit at aol.com KilrRabbit at aol.com
Fri Jul 27 11:13:25 PDT 2001

I'm forwarding this to the list to find out if anyone is planning on attending. The autocrat would like to have dancing but I'd like to know if anyone else will be attending before I commit to too much.  Their will be dancing, it's just a question of how much.
Victoria

Please remember to send in your reservations before you leave for
Pennsic!!!:)

Feast of the Thirty
August 24-26, 2001
Come celebrate the 20th anniversary of a southern Atlantian tradition
with Falcon Cree at this years Feast of the Thirty. The tradition
continues with enough fighting and activities to get your appetite going for
the
feast of feasts by the incomparable Aaron Forrester.
The afternoons activities consist of an assortment of scenarios for both
our heavy and rapier fighters along with an archery shoot. Our A&S
categories
are best field heraldry display, best use of heraldry and a Garb compitition
sponsored by the  St. Anne's Guild of Clothiers which is best French or
English garb with documentation.
Childrens activities are provided again by the generous Lady Glee of the
Abbey and Lord Johnathan Hawke. Please remember kids activities are not a
drop off babysitting
service. Please donate some of your time with your child.

Feast info: As you all may know this feast sells out year after year.
Please get your reservations in early. Please contact the autocrats with
dietary
concerns well in advance.
Site info: Keeping with tradition, this years event is being held at Kings
Mountain. There is plenty of cabin space available. If you have specific
requests (a particular cabin or people you would like to be with) please
let the reservationist know as soon as possible as to cut down  on shuffling
at troll.
Fees: On-board/Onsite:        $16
         On-board/Offsite:        $11
         Off-board/Onsite:        $10
         Daytrip:                      $5
Make checks Payable to: Canton of Falcon Cree, SCA Inc.
Reservations: As always, the only reservation is a paid reservation. The
reservationist is Lady Kari Kyst  203 Gray Circle Fountain Inn, SC 29644
Jsutter at c...

Autocrats: Cormac an Faoldubh lrdcormac at h... and Muirgheal inghean ui
Ogain (Kal and
Manly Summerfield) (864) 271-7978
Muirgheal at h...
North: Take your best route to I-85 South just South of Charlotte NC. Take
exit #8 (HWY 161 King's Mountain) and turn left. When you reach the fork in
the road, bear right. Go 7 miles until you see the split rail fence on your
right. Turn right after the fence in King's Mountain State Park. Take the
first paved road on your left (Group Camps, Living History Farm). Follow the
signs to Camp York.

South: Take you best route to I-85 just North of the NC/SC border. Take exit
#2 (King's Mountain Military Park). Turn right on 216 through the Military
Park to King's Mountain State Park. Turn at the sign for Group Camps. Follow
the signs for Camp York