academie: Winter Symposium

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Wed Jul 18 17:44:26 PDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 08:10:52PM -0400, Mack2357 at aol.com wrote:

> Would it be possible to open site earlier?  For example

People simply don't show up for early classes. A couple of years ago,
the Isenfir Nothing but Dance III had classes starting at noon. By not
having a lunch break, we had substantially higher attendance at the
first class, and we only lost one class period.

For this event as proposed, I think that shortening the dinner break
is probably the higher priority. An onsite dinner can be done in an
hour flat. Offsite adds at least 30 minutes, if not an hour.

Of course, you can never KNOW how to get the best schedule, because
people are different, and no one has a perfect crystal ball.

Gregory Blount