academie: Winter Symposium

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 18 14:42:09 PDT 2001

Scriptsit Judith:
><<The site is free, provided we're done and gone by 9:30 pm.  After
>that, it's $30 per hour per room.>>
>
>Personally, and this is coming from a poor, starving student :), I woudl
>rather pay the money for the rooms to use them past 9:30...Having a ball
>that is only two horus long after an entire day of classes seems awfully
>skimpy, especially for people who might be driving long distances to get in
>their dance fix.  If you divide the cost of using that one room past 9:30,
>say until 12:30, for three hours, amongst the number of people who woudl
>probably attend, the site cost would still be really reasonable....

Yup, we can do that.  But we're going to need a minimum of two rooms for the
Ball, and that dosen't count the "schmooze"/dessert board room.  I think we
can plan to run the Ball over our allotted time, say until 11:00 (a 4-hour
Ball), but probably not much later.  I'll take it up with the Barony.

-V