academie: Quarterly Report Inputs

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 17 10:09:05 PDT 2001

All:

I am in the process of pulling together a list of activities that the
Academie has been involved with over the past 3 months (April thru June) as
inputs to our quarterly report.  [There will actually be TWO reports... one
to recap the highlights of what the Academie has accomplished during our
first year, and one to provide detailed information about the past 3
months.]

Though I *do* know a lot of what we've been doing, the only way to ensure
that we capture as many of our activities as possible is to ask y'all to
drop me a note, letting me know what you've been up to.  I already have a
complete list of our membership and our University and Symposia activities.
What I'd like to know is about the *other* stuff.  Some of those areas might
include:

- Local Practices.  Does your group hold regular dance practices?
Where/when?  Who runs it?  (If your group *used* to have a practice, what
happened to it?)
- Dancing at Events.  Have you been involved in coordinating or leading
dancing at an event?
- Other Dancing.  Same as above, only for things like demos, post-revels,
and the like.
- Musician Activities.  Have you been involved in coordinating or performing
for dance practices or event dancing?  What about regularly-scheduled
practices?
- Research.  Have you done any dance research, composed a new dance, had
anything published, or taken classes at events such as KWDS, Pennsic,
University, or a Symposium?
- Travel.  Have you had a chance to travel around Atlantia or to other lands
in connection with your dance-related activities?  Where did you go, what
did you do?

There are other categories, these are just a few off the top of my head.  If
you think of a category that everybody else might benefit from knowing,
please feel free to pass the word.  :)

I do *not* want to turn this into a recurring paperwork exercize for
y'all... the Academie is about dancing, dance research, and dance education,
NOT about writing reports back-and-forth to each other.  But to do this
right the first time, I *do* need to ping the membership for what we've been
doing.  Later, all I ask is that you drop me an occasional note when you've
done something that you feel might be worthy of mentioning in our report.

Please don't be shy.  This is an opportunity to shine, both individually and
collectively.  This is also a chance to let others outside of the Academie
know just how MUCH we've been doing.  Ours is the largest and
fastest-growing guild in Atlantia, and from what I've heard, ours is also by
far the most active.  And I need your help so that we can preserve a record
of the good work you've been doing.  Remember, we can't brag about it if we
don't know about it.  :P

I would like to have the report ready to go by the end of the month, so if
you could get something back to me within a week or so, let's say by
Wednesday, July 25th, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!