Fwd: academie: fall symposium

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 15 11:25:58 PDT 2001

Okay, if that's the case, then I concur.

Victoria, please let us know if we can do anything to help.  Time-frame
wise, I'm uncertain if there is any one 'best' weekend, but off the top of
my head I would guess that something in November, give or take a month,
would be best.  Be aware of deadlines for publication in the =Acorn=... an
October event must be announced in the October =Acorn=, which has a 1
September deadline.  If you want two months' advertising, you need to meet
the prior month's deadline (in this case, 1 August).  Events in
November/December can meet later deadlines, but if in October, we need to
move smartly.

Also, I will go ahead and draw-up the paperwork for the February Symposium
in Dun Carraig.  The targeted weekend is 9 Feb, the weekend following the
Winter University session (which Dun Carraig is also bidding).  The site is
the Southern Community center in Lusby, MD (Calvert County).  Not nearly as
inconvenient as 20YC was, promise!  The site has several very large rooms,
plus the ability to combine the rooms into even larger rooms, and has a
stage which is perfect for a band.  There is also an assortment of smaller
rooms for lectures/munchies/schmoozing/etc.  Best of all, it's FREE.

-Vard