Fwd: academie: fall symposium

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 15 10:49:07 PDT 2001

A couple of things:

1 - Yes, the Armoury has a decent-sized room we can dance in.  We've used it
before with success.

2 - That notwithstanding, it would be nice if we could have a Fall Symposium
somewhere south of I-64.  (The Black Diamond-Isenfir-Caer
Mear-Tir-y-Don-Marinus Expressway)  :)

3 - For a February Symposium, though hosting it at the Armoury is a viable
option, Dun Carraig already has a site.  (I'd offer up the details, but that
would be putting the cart before the horse... read on.)

4 - That notwithstanding, we need to hear from our buds in Isenfir to ensure
that having a February Symposium anywhere but Isenfir won't torpedo any
plans that they might already be making.  (Remember, Isenfir has their
annual "Nothing But Dance" event in that time frame, and combined it last
year with the Symposium.)

May I suggest we discuss the feasibility of having multiple, rotating
Symposia first?  Then, if it is workable and something we all think is a
good idea, we can turn our energies toward finding sites.

-Vard