academie: KWDS

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 4 09:22:44 PDT 2001

All:

It appears that I will *not* be attending KWDS.+  Too many things needed to
be done by me by now (transportation arrangements, lodging arrangements,
vacation time request, getting plenty of sleep, etc.) and none of them have
yet happened.

The ball is tonight, and my fairy-godmother hasn't even bothered to get me a
pumpkin and some white mice yet.  To assume that I'll be able to get things
squared away *and* get to Boston for KWDS is probably wishful thinking.
Better to cut my losses, and plan for KWDS '05.

Catalana: Please network with the Academie so you'll have people to play
with when you go.  Greg has a girlfriend now, so I don't worry about him
hitting on you.  Besides, he only hits on women I'm interested in, and he
may have forgotten by now that you came in on *my* arm.  :)

Judith: Thanks for the heads-up regarding the possibility of dorm space.
You may want to send that Academie-wide, since I can't take advantage of it.

Everybody else:  Have fun, and try to snag an extra copy of the proceedings
for me.  I'll put them with my copy of the proceedings from the Dance
Symposium.  (evil grin).  I am expecting a trip report from all of you to
put in the next issue of the newsletter.

-V

-V