academie: Order of Dance for 20yc

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Wed May 23 09:07:46 PDT 2001

Scriptsit Judith:
>Since Zoe is the head musician, though, I have the utmost confidence that
>she can pull off a suite of the dances so that Greg can be my partner (and
>not have to play the music himself) (besides, Zoe has told me numerous
>times that she likes the Italians).

I'll make sure Zoe gets a copy of this so she can prepare/dodge as need be.
:)

>       So, how does Rostiboli/Leoncello/Marchesana sound?  How long does
>the suite need to be?

Since dancing is more of a "doing" art than a "watching" art, I would think
that perhaps 5 minutes would be the maximum.  Can the suite be bits of each
of these dances, cutting down on some of the repeats?

>Or do I have volunteers to do Mercantia also (I need three men)?

I know it, and I know others know it as well.  Why don't we annoint this as
"Plan B" and decide what we're doing when we all get together
Friday/Saturday?  Considering the size of the hall we'll be dancing in,
having others shark in/out is easily doable and might be fun to watch.  :)

Three men, eh?  :)

-V