academie: Order of Dance for 20yc

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon May 21 14:36:04 PDT 2001

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 05:17:07PM -0400, Edvard Gayer wrote:

> - IoC (3): Black Almain, Earl of Salisbury Pavanne, Madam Sosilia Almain

If no one specifically asked for Early of Salisbury, perhaps we could
drop it. It's a really bad reconstruction, and we could easily
substitute another Almain (such as Lorayne) without anyone noticing.

> 1 - Ballo del Fiore (TRMs have done this, even if they don't remember the
> steps.  I know HerRH knows this, and I'm hoping Etain will teach HisRH.)

HisRH has been instructed a couple of times for it, he just _claims_
he diesn't remember ;-) As usual, if they agree, we're all set.

> Judith and Greg, I'm leaning on you for ideas here.

I appoint Judith to think up a plan. (A plan other than "Greg writes
music for Malgratiosa...")

> For the second presentation piece, I'd like an encore of M-G's Rose (that
> is, if there are folks who know it or can learn it, and if we have music for
> the musicians.)

That's a good idea. HRM Mary Grace sent me email saying how much she
appreciated the dance, and suggested that the Academie should do it
more often. Sounds like a good time and place.

> Since the presentations would be done during the breaks, we should give the
> band the option of taking a break as well.  Accordingly, unless the band
> particularly *wants* to skip taking a break, I'm perfectly willing to use a
> bard-in-a-box for the presentation pieces.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

-- Gregory Blount