academie: 20YC Dance Music Help

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 12 11:50:33 PDT 2001

All:

I've got a couple of questions that relate to the sheet music Azza will be
using for band at the 20YC ball that I thought the Academie might be able to
field.

1 - The music that Azza has found for Il Canario is from Arden (Paul
Butler's Arrangement).  Is this acceptable/preferable, or is there  another
source we should be looking at?

2 - (Old question)  For Pinwheel, is there a suggested piece/genre the band
should use or start with?

3 - For the Tassel Kick diversion, the music will be Galliard la Rocque. Any
problems with that?

4 - For the Galliard-till-you-Drop diversion, we will start with
Hoboeckentanz (Susato) and move on to L'ennuy (Piper).  Again, any problems
with this?

5 - For Whirligig, the repeat structure looks like this: Time signature:
6/8, ABBB, A=8m (x1), B=8m (x3).  So, for the BBB part, we'll have the same
8 measures repeated 9 times total.  (a) Is this correct, and (b) how many
times through the entire ABBB makes the dance?  I ask because I've *yet* to
dance to this where the music and the dance were matched-up correctly, and
we've got a chance to do that this time!  :)

Thanks!
-Vard