academie: Hoobah, Isenfir! Hoobah, Etain!

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon Apr 9 16:02:40 PDT 2001

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 01:51:09PM -0400, Oxford, David wrote:

> As some of you may or may not be aware, our new Queen likes to dance,
> but of her list of favorite dances, [...]

By the way, I have had the privledge of teaching dance to Her Majesty,
and I think that her list of favorites is probably most influenced by
what she's seen in the past. She seemed to really like Petit Vriens,
for example, but I suspect she'll have to be taught it a couple of
times before she's comfortable dancing it at a no-teach ball. That
makes her like many other dancers: a great opportunity to show how
much fun authentic dances can be.

-- Gregory Blount