academie: 20YC Dance List

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Fri Apr 6 12:42:53 PDT 2001

> sohow baout including those good but out of period
> dances that people enjoy. yes they should be stated that tehyare out of
> period..

Marion,

If the Academie is sponsoring dancing, then we can't do that. If Vard
is doing dancing, it's up to Vard.

By the way, 20 years ago most of the GOOP dances that are danced today
were not danced in the SCA... they were introduced one by one at more
recent times, and the argument for doing them has usually been "people
enjoy them and they're traditional". The most recent introduction is
Scottish Country Dances, which are 18th century or later, and which
SCA people dance extremely poorly (no footwork). I can only hope that
in 10 more years they won't be on the list of traditional SCA dances.

-- Gregory Blount