academie: 20YC Dance List

James C. Wagner Jr. james at dukcds.cds.duke.edu
Fri Apr 6 10:01:39 PDT 2001

ok, I'll ask this question here instead of the 20year site as it will,
probably, end up here anyway..

Even though I have a cool arrangement of "Pastime with Good Company" in which
the theme from Hogan's Heroes appears prominantly here's my question:

How is "Leave it to Beaver" any more period that "Hole-in-the-Wall."  If it's
because the dance is period, just not the music, does that mean I can find a
period tune that "Hole..." can be danced to we can do it because, then,
it will only have one weirdness?

Actually, I'd have to say that "Korbushka" is more period than "Leave it to
Beaver."  If you're going to exclude dances from SCA History due to
non-periodness and then play these games it's not going to advance the
Academie's goal of showing that period dance can be as fun as the non-period
ones.

More questions to follow later...

james

*SNIP*

> Dance Games and Competitions:
> Galliard-till-you-Drop, Jenny Pluck Partners, Bransle du Castor, Tassel Kick

*SNIP*