academie: Last call for 20YC Ball requests

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 3 19:48:16 PDT 2001

Hello all.  I'm about 3 days late getting the final list of dances for 20YC
in to Zoe, so I *really* need to get this done right away.

I've received a few requests thus far, and I know that you all trust me
implicitly to come up with a set list that is not only fun for beginners,
but offers a challenge for our more experienced dancers, but if there's
something in particular that you would like to ENSURE gets on the list, now
is ABSOLUTELY the time to chime in!  :)

Here is the list of all of the dances I've received requests for:  Lauro,
Jenny Pluck Pears, Rufty Tufty, Hearts Ease, Petit Vriens, Hole in the Wall,
and the entire repertoire of 15th & 16th century Italy.  (I know it's tough,
but please refrain from trying to match up requests with requestees.  And
fret not about the Four Dances of the Apocalypse.)

I am planning to offer a healthy mix of Arbeau, Inns of Court, ECD, and
Italians (both kinds, Country *and* Western, or make that 15th & 16th cy),
with some new stuff mixed in (Tassle Kicks, anyone) just for fun.

There is a welcome dance scheduled for Friday night, a dance practice
Saturday, a **possible** Academie-only dance and potluck during feast on
Saturday night (I need to work this with the Autocrat), a dance practice
Sunday afternoon, and the 20YC ball on Sunday night.  The 20YC ball is
scheduled for 2 1/2 hours, time enough for almost anything, I'd hazard.

I need inputs right away.  Let's say, Thursday cut off?

Thanks!
-V