academie: Re: Dance Manual

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 3 11:33:52 PDT 2001

Speaking also as a guild member and local dance master, my interest is
understandably piqued when non-dancing members of *any* administrative
heirarchy takes it upon themselves to distribute dancing how-to books.
After all, if we're going to allow Corporate to legislate how dances should
be done, why bother having the guild? :)

Corwyn, I understand that you're taking a "I'm just the messenger" position
in this, which is fine.  I submit to you, however, that because of the
nature of the information being distributed, these manuals should probably
be destined to land in the hands of the Baronial MOAS officers, not the
Seneschalate.  Perhaps you might want to suggest to your Seneschals that
they forward the manuals to their respective MOAS officers when they receive
it?

There is a secondary issue, which is germaine only because Atlantia has a
Royally-chartered dance guild, a guild which is specific to the art that
these manuals cover.  I would ask that if something like this were to happen
again, that you would seek out the artisans within Atlantia who are working
in that particular art and involve them.  Yes, the Academie learned about
this, but only because information from one of your Seneschals was forwarded
to one of our members.  We were NOT on disribution for this, and it is my
belief that neither the Academie nor the KMOAS were EVER intended to be
notified.  When I read about this, it seemed like you were doing an end run,
and I'm certain that was not your motive.

If you were unaware that the Dance Academie exists and that we might have
been interested to hear about this, then we have not done our job
adequately.  Please advise.

Herr Edvard Gayer, Private Citizen - Who is now aware that even private
notes he sends to the Academie mailing list are subject to review and
approval by the Kingdom Seneschal.