academie: Re: Dance Manual

Amy Smyth-Wilson rowenrhys at starpower.net
Tue Apr 3 07:51:27 PDT 2001

I would like to field the question of why tell the dance guild:

As a member of the dance guild and a local dance mistress, I had no idea of
the coming of these manuals until Vard posted the message to this dance
list.  So it would have been simply a way to get out the information to
those interested in dance.The Academie is always interested in efforts to
further dance within the SCA especially Atlantia and I assume that these
dance manuals are intended for this purpose.  I am not sure how I did not
know of their impending distribution, but I am sure that if I didn't know
then their are others within local groups interested in dance that were not
"in the loop" on this information as well.  It is simply that we would
welcome the information and find it of interest.  We are not saying that
they be offered to the guild (although that would be sweet) but that we
simply didn't know about it.

In Service,

Lady Rowen ferch Rhys