academie: Re: Dance Manual

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Tue Apr 3 07:25:09 PDT 2001

The following message was sent in by the Atlantia Kingdom Seneschal,
who isn't a list member.

Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 17:20:20 -0400
From: Rick Steeves <ricks at duke.edu>
Subject: Re: Dance Manuals

>I find it rather curious that the Kingdom Seneschal would put this out and
>not bother to let members of the Kingdom's Dance Guild know about it.
>
>-Vard

Why?

I didn't do anything for these manuals; they come from Corporate, with
the directive that are being sent to each of the Baronies. Not shires,
not Guilds, _Baronies_. Had they offered them to the Guilds (or in
fact had I had any input at all), I would have mentioned it to the
Guild. However, they are intended (from a grant to Corporate) for each
of the groups, NOT the dance guild.

I told all of the seneschals they were en route. They may then do with
them what they wish, as they and their groups decide.

But they aren't the Dance Guilds. Why exactly then would I inform the
Dance Guild? (And for that matter, why bother? I obviously didn't need
to explicitly tell it; the Dance Guild found out. So where's the
problem?)

Master Corwyn
Seneschal, Atlantia

PS Oh, and please note, from my original post:
> >PS Of what kind you might ask? No idea, you now know as much as I do.

Rick Steeves
ricks at duke.edu                  http://www.corwyn.net