academie: 20YC Feast Alternative

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 29 22:07:10 PST 2001

I have a proposal for those who will be coming to 20YC but who will not be
taking feast.  Why not do our own pot-luck, and use the extra couple of
hours to dance?  Reminder, they're going to try to feed 600 people.  Feast
will be loooooooooong!

If you're keen on sitting for 3 hours for an allotment of 2 undercooked
raviolis, a puddle of "mystery goo" consisting of cream cheese, coriander,
cloves, and cilantro, and a slice of perfectly good pork/beef/chicken that
has been fouled by being marinated in something resembling medieval motor
oil, then ignore this post.  But, if you'd rather EAT, get it over with, and
spend some quality time dancing, please let me know.  Personally, I am
planning to either "BYO" my dinner, go offsite to the Southridge Restaurant
and get some of their yummy Crab au Grautin, or zip up to Chez Vard and have
dinner there.

-Vard
SCA Feast Burn-out