academie: Atlantian Dance Symposium

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Sun Mar 18 17:01:09 PST 2001

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 02:20:10PM -0500, Edvard Gayer wrote:

> I like the idea of having it in Windmaster's Hill, but if for any reason
> that does not pan out, what about Hidden Mountain?  Since we went to the
> trouble of getting one of ours (Juliana) selected as Baroness, we should at
> least exploit it!  :)

Sure, that would be fine. We have members almost everywhere. The main
plus about Windmaster's Hill is a more central location.

I know at least one Windmaster's Hill person is looking into the idea.

As for Bryan's idea of a day-long advanced seminar, I like it. It
won't draw that many people, I don't think, so we'd need a central
location, but we would only have to worry about conflicting with more
popular events. Or, we could do it at an event -- I could imagine
getting together at noon in a quiet room, and finishing around 5-6 pm,
then joining the event.

For topics, though, I don't know how we'd do one on 16th century
Italian -- I don't think we know enough. It would be a cool idea to
get some serious volunteers to go learn what they can and teach the
rest of us, but how about doing one on 15th century Italian first?
That one we can do off the top of our heads, and there's a great
secondary source (Joy and Jealousy). For 16th century we'd have to
write the book. Which could be cool, but that takes time.

-- Gregory Blount