academie: Another educational idea

Christine Lindamood moondans at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 16 13:51:16 PST 2001

Then Judith said:

> Oh, that means I would actually get to apply all of the research I have
done over the past several years, and share it with other people!!!!  The
reason I try not to focus much on technique in my classes (15th and 16thc.
Italians) is because I usually have such a short amount of time in which to
teach, and also because I always doubt that (in most of the SCA, anyway)
people are just going to want to learn the dances, and not the intricacies
of the dance

And now I'm saying:
Judith, I am one of the (probably) few who really want to know how to do the
technique...and the intricacies, and all the rest. So let's figure out how
we can put this together, so you can teach technique, and I (and hopefully
others) can learn to dance for real. :)

And hey, about those English dances...they're not all mind-numbing, ya know!
:) Let's not start that particular argument. :)

Cairistiona / Christine