academie: Another educational idea

Judithsca at aol.com Judithsca at aol.com
Fri Mar 16 11:03:15 PST 2001

<<What would people think of the idea of holding day-long (Saturday) in-depth
 workshops on very specific areas of dance, to help the many of us out there
 who
 lack the depth we'd like in some of the less-common (in Atlantia, at least)
 areas of dance.>>

I certainly like the idea.  Would it be a full out, SCA sponsored
event, in garb, with social dancing after the workshop to put into
practice what has been taught, or would it be a more academic affair?
My concern, of course, is that you could not get enough people to make
the trip for a workshop that focused completely on one type of event
(certainly not a problem for me, of course! :) anyone else have any
opinion about this idea?

judith