academie: Re: University Class Listing

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 15 14:58:04 PST 2001

>...Students will also join members of the Atlantian Dance Academie in a
>discussion of the pros/cons of out-of-period dance within Atlantia and the
>SCA.

I wanted to bring this to everyone's attention.  This is the part of the
class on Period Dance Sources where we hope to get the students involved in
a hands-on manner.  The intent is not to beat people over the heads with
copies of Orchesographie or make them feel bad because their favorite dance
is post-1600, but to honestly and openly discuss the role of OOP dance
within the SCA.

I also wanted to emphasize that the word I chose for the class description
was "discussion", not "debate".  <grin>  I am hoping that some of our
membership will be able to attend this class and participate in the
discussion.