academie: Juniversity update

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 9 16:33:11 PST 2001

Sorry all, I had to spend the day at home, watching the HVAC Chirurgeonate
do surgery on my heat pump all day today.  It got mighty cold at Chez Vard
last night... good thing the waterbed has a setting above "boil".  :)

All of my records are at the office, here's what I've got from memory:

Lecture: Period Dance Sources (Vard)
Lecture: History of Middle-Eastern Dance (Tahira)
Practicum: Intro to ECD (Victoria)
Practicum: Medieval Peasant Dances (Judith)
Practicum: Intro to 15th Cy Italian (Marian)
Practicum: Intro to Middle-Eastern Dance (Tahira)

I have probably forgotten one, but hopefully no more than that.

Assuming that this list _is_ correct, we will want to discuss the order of
classes.  Usually, there are 2 classes before lunch / convocation / court,
and 4 classes after.  All of our recent post-break practicum classes have
been very well attended, so I suggest that there's no need to mess with what
already works.  I propose we schedule the lectures before the break... that
make sense to everybody?

The time slots are usually 10am, 11am, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm, and 4:30pm.
Do any of our instructors have a preference for when their class should
happen?  Are there any classes you particularly want (or do NOT want) to go
immediately before or after?

A personal observation, it seems to make sense to me to have the two ME
classes happen not too far apart, but probably with one practicum class
in-between.  That way, we might have a better chance of drawing some ME
folks into the other classes, and some non-ME folks into Tahira's classes.
More cross-over and exposure to other styles of dance can't be a bad
thing... at least, that's what occurs to me....your mileage may vary.

-Vard