academie: RE: academie and Dance Guilds

Appin1 at aol.com Appin1 at aol.com
Mon Mar 5 14:50:46 PST 2001

Several facts lead me to the opinion that a dance guild with ranks is a BAD idea. First of all, _who_ is going to decide what the ranks (like apprentice) will be?Secondly, who decides _how_ one attains them? Will mastery of ECD and other non-period dances be considered? How will members learn the dances properly and learn to reconstruct them properly? And what to do about the old farts like me (or younger ones like Gregory) who have a Laurel in dance? How will we be ranked?

Just my tuppence worth. And just to throw a spanner in the works.

Alyson of Islay