academie: labels

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Thu Mar 1 14:02:03 PST 2001

One Academie member wrote me to say she thought my reference to "Bryan
Morgun, dancing master" was patronizing. It isn't, it's a compliment.
I've seen that form of address used in Elizabethan times to refer to
teachers of dance, and Bryan has an Elizabethan-era persona, and he
has taught a lot of dance.

If we can't communicate the little things well, we aren't going to
have much luck discussing issues we disagree about.

-- Gregory Blount