academie: re: Dance Guilds

Christine Lindamood moondans at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 1 13:22:33 PST 2001

This is my reply to the beginning of the discussion, which I meant to post to the list, but inadvertently only sent to Greg. So here is my response to David's original post, and Greg's reply to it.

Greg:(reply to David)
> > > No. We decided not to do this when we formed the Academie, and I don't
> > > think we should re-open the issue now.

Christine:(reply to both Greg and David)
> > That was a pretty dismissive "no" without reason.
> >
> > Well, personally, I'm in favor of it. I think it supports research and
> > teaching as well as just being able to dance. I'd frankly like to see some
> > points given for attaining the ability to dance well. Just because one can
> > complete the entire dance from memory  without killing your partner doesn't
> > necessarily mean you're any good as a dancer. And I think people who will
> > serve as role models should at least be considered to have achieved a
> > particular level of style competence.
> >
> > Christine/Cairistiona

Christine M. Lindamood / Cairistiona nhic Doughaill of Isenfir
Dancer / Mommy / Artist / Speech Pathologist

Imagination rules the world