academie: Fw: [SCA-Dance] Dance Guilds

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Thu Mar 1 09:45:24 PST 2001

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 12:31:03PM -0500, Oxford, David wrote:

> As I read back over the old messages, it seems to confirm my belief that we
> simply dropped the issue (with no final decision) as a matter of expediency
> early-on as we tried to get the Academie formed.

That depends on how you think the Academie decides things.

If the Chancelier is the final word, then yes, "we" decided. In fact, it
was a precondition that I would not support forming the Academie
unless there was no ranking system. At the time I wasn't very explicit
about it, because I thought that arguing about it would be a bad
idea. I still think that arguing about it is a bad idea.

-- Gregory Blount, Chancelier