academie: Fw: [SCA-Dance] Dance Guilds

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Wed Feb 28 16:04:56 PST 2001

> I saw this on the SCA dance list and thought it was a great idea to
> encourage academie members to advance their skills!

We actually discussed this when the Academie was formed, and rejected
it -- although there were some people who liked it a lot. It has some
plusses (encourages some people a whole lot), and some minuses
(discourages others, creates a false "one true path" to grow, etc.)

You probably know from teaching 8th grade that different students have
different things that motivate them. The same thing is doubly true in
any adult volunteer organization.

-- Gregory Blount