academie: Crystal Snowflake Ball

Judithsca at aol.com Judithsca at aol.com
Thu Feb 15 15:45:22 PST 2001

Hail, m'academie!
    On March 10, the Barony of Concordia of the Snows is hosting the Crystal
Snowflake Ball.  This is always an incredibly delightful ball, with a
WONDERFUL music group, no feast to ruin the dancing, and plenty of
instruction during the day.  I myself have been invited to once more teach a
good number of dances for the ball.   Now, this event, I must confess is a
bit far north for most Atlantians (but not me, since I do lots of travelling,
and since I am as far north in this kingdom as one can get); in fact, it is
in Albany.  However, if there are any brave, eager members who wish to
attend, I have plenty of space in the judith-mobile.  The event announcement
is below:

http://www.eastkingdom.org/event-detail.html?eid=212

In fact, I have heard that a large contingent of Carolingians will be making
their way to the event, so it should be a quite a good affair de danse.  Some
of the danses (but certainly not all) will be:

Italian, 15th c.:
Lauro
Rosti Boli Gioioso
Gelosia
Amoroso
Petits Vriens
Anello

Almains:
Lorayne
Old
Black

Galliard:
random galliards after any slow dances are good things....

ECD:
Chestnut
Parson's Farewell
Jenny PLuck Pears
Sellengers Round
Rufty-Tease
Black Nag
Gather Codpieces

Saltarello

Bransles::

Cassandra Bransle Suite (Bransle Cassandra, Pinagay, Charlotte

Miming Bransle Suite: (Pease Branle, Washerwoman's, de Malte (the real
maltese branle from Arbeau)

16thc. Italian:

Ballo del Fiore

The Pinwheel (dance game)