academie: Revels at the Inns....

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 23 08:45:01 PST 2001

Judith asked:
>Is anyone in particular in charge, and if so, what are the plans?

Yes, there is.  I've been swapping mails with Elspeth regarding dancing at
Revels.  Since this is a mid-16th Cy THEMED event, we are giving ECD a pass
this year.  I am teaching the eight Old Measures, Tahira is going to handle
the pavannes and galliards.  If someone wants to teach some bransles or
basse danse, that would be fine.  Just let me know so we don't double-book
folks.

If the event follows the same format as last year, we will be teaching in
the afternoon...my guess would be 1 or 2 pm for starters but that's just a
guess.  An early Feast, including court, and the ball afterwards.  Tahira
and I are running the ball.  Because of the theme of the event, the first
dances of the ball will be the eight Oldies.  After that, what we do will be
fair game.  I am not planning on coming up with a set list, per se, but
rather a list of dances grouped into 2 and 3 dance subsets from which we
will select.

Elspeth is working on getting musicians, but I do not yet know the details.
As backup, the band-in-a-box will be available.

More info at: http://marinus.atlantia.sca.org/revels2001.html