academie: Academie Heraldry -- We have a decision!

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 18 11:01:40 PST 2001

Yup, Bryan is correct.  I am in the process of drawing up the paperwork as
we speak and will be handing it off to Golden Dolphin within the week.  With
luck, we might get this through Kingdom and Laurel within five months.
(Yes, it takes that long, but in some lands it can take a year, so we're
actually very fortunate!)

At the moment, the badge appears to be free from conflict.  Lord Evan,
Atlantia's former Golden Dolphin, is checking it for us to be certain.   The
closest armory I could find to our proposed design was looked at by Evan,
and he said we were fine.  If Evan finds no closer match than that one,
we'll be golden.  I am *very* confident this badge will pass.

I would like to thank Master Bran for donating his rendering of Spike.  It
is tres spiff, and helps make the badge look quite nice.  Thanks, Bran!  And
I would like to thank Lord Bryan for publishing the proposed designs for us
all to look at.  Words say one thing, but pictures often speak louder.
Thanks, Bryan!

That's all on this for now.  I'll let y'all know the status of our
submission if/when it changes.

-Vard