academie: Confusion at K12N

Oxford, David dmo at pqa.com
Wed Jan 17 09:48:23 PST 2001

What I HEARD (again, I wasn't there, I'm relying on my wife and some others) was
that some people were having a hard time telling if ANYONE was in charge.  Not
having been there I can't elaborate much beyond that.  The overall feedback I
got about the dancing from those I knew who were there was that it had A LOT of
problems, many of which seemed to stem from trying to do a
no-teach/no-walk-through/no-calling ball at an event so large and with such
varied skill levels.  I was surprised to hear that dances weren't even called.

Since I wasn't there, would someone who WAS there and was perhaps closer to the
"action" care to comment on their impression?  What I've relayed is the
perspective of a few dance-interested people who are not part of the "scene", so
I think it's fair to say their perspective is a little closer to that of the
"average" attendee.

Bryan