academie: Academie Heraldry

Oxford, David dmo at pqa.com
Tue Jan 16 08:03:03 PST 2001

>> Is their anything other than Spike that
>> says "Atlantia"? Something simpler maybe?

Good question.  Spike is definitely "Atlantian", but let's face it, he's not the
most appealing creature in the world.  I proposed the head-only design because
it balanced on a round better (making for easier and better pins if people
wanted to do that like I'd heard) and at least removed the
not-terribly-appealing seahorse body.  But something else might, I think, be
better, especially if we kept the Atlantian colors.

As we say in the systems engineering world, let's not lock into a solution
before even defining all the alternatives.  What other ideas are out there?