academie: Academie Heraldry

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 16 07:48:37 PST 2001

>Keep those ideas coming!

D'oh, that wasn't intended to sound dismissive!  We really DO want to hear
about alternatives, that way when we pick one, it'll be an informed
decision!

BTW: **GREAT** job rendering the badges Bryan, here's one that I gave Golden
Dolphin that she thought was troublesome:

(fieldless) On a unicornate natural seahorse argent, a dance azure.

Though it captures the "jewelry" option, it would probabably bounce back to
us.  Golden Dolphin said that the dance would be really hard to see, being
such a small charge (heck, it's a belt across Spike's belly).

I don't know if a dance can exist on a fieldless badge, but if so, we might
be able to layer Spike across a dance as:

              SPIKE
              SPIKE
              SPIKE
  dance dance SPIKE dance dance
  dance dance SPIKE dance dance
              SPIKE
              SPIKE
              SPIKE

Which might be blazoned as: (fieldless) A dance azure, overall a unicornate
natural seahorse argent.  Unfortunately, this sorta looks like Spike's been
impaled, so it's probably a stinky idea.  I'm still wracking my brain to
figure out how to combine Spike and a dance on a fieldless badge...