academie: Academie Heraldry

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 16 06:59:56 PST 2001

Bryan:

Thanks for rendering both of the badges.  It's easier to know what we're
talking about when we can see samples.

Of the two, I *still* prefer the former.  I have to admit, I am really
uncomfortable with a beheaded Spike, and of the two, I think the first one
says "Atlantia" much more clearly than the latter.

One thing to also keep in mind is that whatever badge we end up registering
is likely to be morphed into what I will call "Academiewear".  Several of us
who went to K12N had breakfast together on Sunday and chatted about how we
would use the badge.  One idea that I thought was outstanding was that we
could take the badge and make a baldric out of it to be used by whomever is
running the dancing at an event.  If patterned after the first badge, it
would be blue with a white dance and a full seahorse.  If patterned after
the second badge, it would have a seahorse's head.  Of the two, the first is
IMO by far the better baldric design.  Similarly, we would like fashion
favors which would be blue, have a white dance, and either Spike or Spike's
head.  If *I* were to wear this favor, I would want an intact Spike.

Keep those ideas coming!

-V