academie: 12th Night dance list

Ken Buzzard KenBuzz at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 10 17:06:23 PST 2000

Odd, I clearly recall seeing the set lists taped to the wall at KWDS -- in
fact, I can still see them now -- and the lists appeared to be *quite*
lengthy.  Did the lists get cut back, or am I getting that memory confused
with something else completely?

20/hour is 3 minutes per dance, which is a pretty aggressive pace.  But KWDS
was a no-teach ball, the only significant down time I can recall was setting
up for each dance, which might have taken at most a minute per dance.
Considering that our dances *do* tend to be rather short, a couple of
minutes apiece at most, and even *if* my memory is faulty, I would still
hazard that we were able to punch through well over a dozen each hour.
Etain, Judith, Elspeth, anyone else who was there, do any of you recall the
pacing?

But regardless of what we did at KWDS, this is K12N, and we really can't
expect to zip through the dances nearly as quickly.  Gregory is right,
8/hour is probably much closer to reality than 20.  If we use this number
and want to have enough dances scheduled to make repetition an option but
NOT a requirement, we'd need 8x4=32 dances, which matches the original list.

-Vard