academie: Dance Classes for University

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 15 20:39:21 PST 2000

Richard:

I inadvertantly omitted a fourth class.  My apologies.  This should be
inserted as the third of four, as it is an introductory ECD class which is
best-suited to be taught immediately prior to the Advanced ECD class that
Stefan and Evelynne are teaching.

Altogether, there should be 4 classes in this track:
1) 15th C. Social Dance: An Introduction - Vard
2) 15th C. Social Dance: The Madness Continues - Judith and Vard
3) ** Introduction to English Country Dance - Rowen **
4) Advanced English Country Dance - Stefan and Evelynne

My thanks,
// Vard //

Introduction to English Country Dance - Rowen ferch Rhys (Amy Smyth-Wilson)
(1 hour) -- Ever wanted to give SCA dancing a try but were too shy to give
it a shot?  Never danced before?  Got two left feet?  Got THREE left feet?
Well, this class is specifically for YOU!  Students will be introduced the
the basic steps and patterns common to several of the English Country Dances
that are commonly done at SCA events.  Dances to be taught may include Black
Nag, Heart's Ease, Rufty Tufty, Sellenger's Round, and several other
crowd-favorites.