academie: Windmasters Dance Update - More Info

ThatUrsula at aol.com ThatUrsula at aol.com
Tue Nov 7 09:36:30 PST 2000

In a message dated 11/6/2000 5:34:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
scavard at hotmail.com writes:

Hello, Dancers all.

Keep in mind that Arcturus (the person in charge of dancing at 12th Night)
may not be subscribed to this (Atlantian Dance Academie) list - I am
forwarding your comments to him by way of this missive.  His email is
arcturus at robbinshouse.com.  If you have any suggestions or requests, he is
the one you should contact first.

When the set list is published, I will then offer to either teach or help
teach classes in our Barony (Windmasters Hill) and to run classes earlier in
the day at 12th night.  Note:  The hall is quite large - it's a convention
center.  My family will be spending Thanksgiving in the Fayetteville area,
and we will be attending an expo there that weekend.  We're going to check
out the site and we'll pass on any useful information about it to this list
and to Arcturus.  I attended a 12th Night there about maybe 6 years ago and I
vaguely remember what it looks like.

Arcturus - if you need any help, there's a host of good people who are eager
to help.  I am confident that Duchess Luned has placed the dancing in capable
hands.

- Ursula von Bremen

<< I second your idea of publishing the set lists and distributing them
 Kingdom-wide so that those who are not local to Windmaster's Hill may
 familiarize themselves with what will be danced in advance.  I am confident
 that the gaggle of instructors in the north will be HAPPY to tailor their
 practices to the K12N set list, so you can probably count on a lot of people
 showing up from up here who will be fairly familiar with the dance steps
 already.

 Whether or not you decide to offer instruction on-site that day is
 completely up to you.  It will depend on the space constraints of the site
 itself, and how many other things are going on throughout the day.
 Regardless of how many opportunities people have to learn the dances in
 advance, there will still be a sizable number of them who will not have done
 any "homework" prior to the day of the event.  For that reason alone, having
 a minimialist practice on-site is desirable, but it is by NO means a
 requirement.

 I would STRONGLY suggest that you plan for this to be a no-teach ball, but I
 think you're already thinking that way.  :)

 -Vard >>