academie: Windmasters Dance Update - More Info

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 6 14:33:59 PST 2000

I second your idea of publishing the set lists and distributing them
Kingdom-wide so that those who are not local to Windmaster's Hill may
familiarize themselves with what will be danced in advance.  I am confident
that the gaggle of instructors in the north will be HAPPY to tailor their
practices to the K12N set list, so you can probably count on a lot of people
showing up from up here who will be fairly familiar with the dance steps
already.

Whether or not you decide to offer instruction on-site that day is
completely up to you.  It will depend on the space constraints of the site
itself, and how many other things are going on throughout the day.
Regardless of how many opportunities people have to learn the dances in
advance, there will still be a sizable number of them who will not have done
any "homework" prior to the day of the event.  For that reason alone, having
a minimialist practice on-site is desirable, but it is by NO means a
requirement.

I would STRONGLY suggest that you plan for this to be a no-teach ball, but I
think you're already thinking that way.  :)