academie: Windmasters Dance Update - More Info

ThatUrsula at aol.com ThatUrsula at aol.com
Mon Nov 6 14:07:00 PST 2000

This is a copy of a reply to the Big Ol' Baronial Dance Update

  Poster: Arcturus Aleator <arcturus at robbinshouse.com>
  At 03:54 PM 11/6/2000, you wrote:
  >Poster: Jerome Quillen <jerome_quillen at unc.edu>
  >
  > . . . (stuff deleted)
  >
  >"TWELFTH NIGHT WORKSHOPS" IN BUCKSTON
  >(I got this information from the online baronial calendar - I'm assuming
  >that these are mask-making workshops - if anyone can confirm this or
  >give more detail, please post to the Keep.) These take place after the
  >Buckston meetings on these dates:  Dec. 12 and Dec. 19.

  Actually, these workshops are to make banners for 12th Night. I'd like to
  have a mask-making workshop, but we've filled up our post-meeting class
  slots. We may have a workshop at another time, but that hasn't been
finalized
  yet. If anyone else would like to host a mask-making workshop then I
heartily
  encourage them to announce a time.

  >THE DAY-LONG BARONIAL DANCE WORKSHOP RUMOUR
  >Arcturius is seeking a location for a day-long dance workshop.  Lady
  >Rosalind is checking into locations on the UNC Campus.  Lord Dunstan has
  >also offered to check into an outdoor pavilion at William B. Umstead
  >State Park if we're interested.  That's all I know for sure about the
  >whole thing - if anyone has any updates, please pass them on.

  This rumor is true. I am currently looking at sites for an all-day dance
practice.
  I would prefer an indoor site with available bathrooms, electrical outlets,
and
  adequate parking. I will take what I can get. I will post more information
when
  I have finished examining all of the available locations.

  >MASQUED BALL AT ATLANTIAN TWELFTH NIGHT (13 January)
  >The latest information is that this past Saturday, Duchess Luned placed
  >Lord Arcturus Aleator (Buckston's Seneschal) in charge of the dancing at
  >Twelfth Night.  I'll be bugging him shortly about what dances we'll be
  >doing and what kind of help he'll be needing.  His contact infomration
  >is (arcturus at pobox.com (919) 304-6074 (NLT 10pm).

  This rumor is also correct. I am waiting for the event musician coordinator
  be chosen; we'll get together a list of dances and I'll publish them
  kingdom-wide. I will be contacting specific people for help. If you would
like
  to help please let me know. My email address is arcturus at robbinshouse.com
  and my phone number is 919-304-6074.

  I do not know if there will be time or space at the event to practice the
dances
  before the ball. That is one reason I would like to have a dance workshop
in
  December. When I post the dance list, I will also let everyone know if
  teaching will be available at 12th Night. Regardless, I encourage local
dance
  instructors to hold classes and workshops in preparation for the event.
This
  has been encouraged the past couple of years and has made for some very
  enjoyable dancing at 12th Night.

  HTH,

  Arcturus

  Lord Arcturus Aleator
  Seneschal of Buckston-on-Eno in Windmasters' Hill, Atlantia
  aka Jim Robbins
  arcturus at robbinshouse.com

  "If builders built buildings like programmers write programs then the first
  woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization."
  - Anonymous software user