academie: Shifting gears - University

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 6 09:08:26 PST 2000

All:

Class descriptions for the Winter session of University (Feb 3rd) are due to
the University Chancellor no later than November 15th.  Since our Symposium
is a scant two weeks after University, I had proposed that we offer a HALF
line of Eurpoean dance classes (3 hours of instruction), and that we
encourage the Middle Eastern folks to sponsor a full line (6 hours).

For the three European classes, it had been suggested that we teach
something OTHER than just the normal classes we always teach.  Interest had
been expressed at the last University session in having an
intermediate-level Italian class, so that seemed to fit with our suggestion.
  Also, to make it possible for those who have NEVER danced to take that
class, it makes sense to have a beginner's Italian class.

That's two.  What should we do for our third?

I had originally signed-up to teach 3 classes at the Symposium, but after
talking with Bryan and Tatiana, we've decided to scale this back to 2 if we
need to free-up an hour to let someone else teach.  The class that will
likely get the "axe" is the proposed Playford's "Secret" Dances class.  That
would be a dandy candidate for a third class for University, but not by any
means the ONLY candidate.

So, to our instructors out there (you know who you are), is there anything
in particular you'd like to teach at University that you've not taught
before?  This is your opportunity.

-Vard

PS - Winterversity will be in the Washington DC / Maryland area.