academie: Classes for the Symposium

Miriam Robinson Gould madame_sosostris at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 2 09:01:53 PST 2000

Well, I'm finally back form a whirlwind trip sans e-mail.  There are so many
interesting looking classes at Academie that I almost don't want to teach so
I don't have to worry about teaching opposite something I want to take!  But
here's my proposed class:

Galliard Basics and Variations

Galliard, gagliarda, cinque-pace, call it what you will, either way this
step is the perfect show-off piece.  This class will teach the basic 5-step
galliard as well as period variations to spice up your galliarding
technique.

(beginner to intermediate... advanced dancers probably know everything I'd
be teaching *grin*)

In service,

Sayidda Tahira bint Ibrahim al-Ixbilyi