academie: Nevsky's Revenge (pls read)

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 27 08:36:42 PDT 2000

I know that many of you are NOT planning to attend Dun Carraig's Eastern
European event on November 11th.  That's cool.  But for those who MAY be
planning to attend, this is for you:

Excepting those living here in our Barony, we have received only three other
reservations.  Normally this wouldn't be a cause for concern, since groups
occassionally DO lose money on their events.  However, owing to an
unfortunate combination of our hard-to-get-to location, small local
population, and just plain bad luck (it's rained on just about every one of
our events over the past 2.5 years), we cannot afford to go forward with an
event if we KNOW it's going to result in a significant loss.

Understandably, the Seneschal and Autocrat are giving serious thought to
canceling the event.

They have asked each of us to triple-check with anyone outside of Dun
Carraig to find out whether there is anyone who IS planning to come, but who
have not yet made their reservations.  A headcount is sufficient, we're not
so strapped that we need the money up-front.  :)

So, if you ARE planning to come, please let me know ASAP so I can give the
Autocrat a reason NOT to cancel.  Remember, the dancing at this event is
"officially" being sponsored by the Academie (thanks Gregory), so *some*
turnout by our membership would be appreciated.  <grin>

Thanks for your time,