academie: Report/News from University

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Thu Oct 26 11:43:40 PDT 2000

> But I think the case of Windmaster's Hill can be used as an example of how
> the Academie can help.  We do not need help with training instructors per
> se.  What we do NEED help with is making Dance a bigger focus.

That we can do. However, do keep in mind that holding an all-dance
event down there isn't the only way; you can also find some other
(well-attended) event with a dance-friendly autocrat and convenient
schedule and tack dance onto it. We'll incite Academie people to show
up and help, and bingo, fun results. If you can get 1/3 to 1/2 of your
events to be that way, then you're all set for both interest in
regular practices, and an all-dance event.

So, it all comes down to who's autocratting upcoming stuff. Looks like
Twelfth Night will do well, but it's worth looking at other events on
the schedule right now...

-- Gregory Blount