academie: ME Dancing - We need a decision....

Edvard Gayer scavard at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 24 06:37:12 PDT 2000

Allrighty, then.

Might I suggest that at Winterversity, we teach a short line of Eurpoean
dance, and encourage a longer line of ME dance?  Based on previous
commentary, its apparent that we need at least a little of both for those
folks who can only come to this one event.  Since the Symposium will be
focused on European dance, we can provide a forum for ME dance by focusing
on that at Winterversity.

I was discussing this topic a few weeks ago with Lord Istvan Dragosani
(Roxbury Mill's Seneschal, and the gentle who helped me coordinate ME
dancing at Coronation for Amalric and Caia).  Unless there's objection, I
will go ahead and contact him this week and get the wheels turning.

Regarding the European mini-line at Winterversity, I was hoping to teach an
Intermediate Italian class.  The Beginning class at Octoberversity was very
well-received, and those in attendance left me with the impression that they
want more Italian stuff.  With the Symposium being only 2 weeks after
Winterversity, could we take this opportunity to teach something different?
I was thinking about two Italian classes (Beginning and an Intermediate),
plus one other not-often-taught class.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?

-Vard